Sunday, February 3, 2013

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Cadillac de Ville convertible

I know I've been posting Cadillacs for quite the past three days now, but honestly there are some bodystyles that never get old; case in point, the 1969 and 1970 cars. Ever since I was a little boy, I've liked them. Roughly five years ago, I began to really get into old Cadillacs to the point of either a) stopping to look at every single one I saw or b) shooting the bejesus out of said Cadillac; it was during that period where I began to pick out favorite bodystyles in general, but also favorite colors too. I decided that aside from the 1964 cars, the 1969s and 1970s were hands-down my favorite year for full-size Caddys.

 At first I had a hard time distinguishing the cars model year differences, but I have come a conclusion that this one is a 1969; since I was unsure about the nomenclature, I turned to various internet sources to help myself out.As it turns out, this particular car wears the de Ville nomenclature; no offense to owners of the smaller FWD cars, but this screams luxury for more than the 1980s namesake. And being a convertible only optimizes the luxury quotient displayed here.



I've stayed away from shooting Cadillacs for a while. That's unfortunate, because with cars this clean, it's hard to pass them up; I just have too many in my archives to deal with at the moment. Nevertheless, this big brown convertible is quite a fetching combination, if not only for the color combination itself rather than the car. The paint is awesome, and judging by the dealer plaque on the decklid, it appears to be original. The hubcaps, and other trim adorning this big Cadillac is top-notch as well.

The inside, too, is still in damn good shape; I'm fairly certain this de Ville isn't quite a daily driver--even in the summertime. The interior is way too clean for that. The brown and black combo--especially with the wood looks right at home.  Like the exterior, the inside was devoid of any evidence of daily driving, and I would venture to say that this is probably the cleanest de Ville I have ever seen. Doesn't hurt that this bodystyle is among my favorite Cadillacs of all time, does it?

No comments: