Friday, February 24, 2012

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Austin Healey 3000 MK III








Here's another one from the archives; this time, it's another Austin Healey. Can you tell I absolutely adore these things? There's just something bout a truck.. scratch that.. I hate that song.. anyway.. There's something about a little British sports car that automatically captures my attention, and quickly draws me away from whatever I'm presently doing, and beckons me to take a closer look. And these blue and white two-tone 3000 MK III is no different; sure I've shot a gold one, a green and white two-tone, and a red one among others, but these cars never cease to amaze me. I put them in the same category of the Triumph TR250/3/4/5/6 as far as timeless British designs go.
Certainly, the Austin Healey might be cliche among car fans for being a typical "British classic", but I quite like them; I certainly don't see enough, so I can't go wrong there. Unfortunately, most of the ones I do see are near Quality Coaches, which specializes in repair and restoration of predominantly British cars, and this example is no different. When I shot this, it was a daily fixture of Quality Coaches in the summer of 2009 and 2010; as the years progressed, I began to see this example less and less, and I haven't seen it for at least a year or more. I hope nothing bad happened to it.
Like most Quality Coach vehicles, this little Brit looked amazing from a distance-- shiny paint, excellent chrome, and above-average trim. The paint color combination is on point, too. Really, it's hard to screw up a two-tone paint scheme something as much of a staple as an Healey. Up close, this thing still was a treat to the eyes-- no unexpected wear or tear. Just my kind of car!
I will always love these little British cars, and this blue and white Austin Healey 3000 is a stunning example of why I do so love these little guys. Keep driving, and happy motoring!

No comments: