Friday, November 18, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Citroen 2CV6 Club











On my quest for shooting, I usually try to hunt for offbeat cars; cars I haven't seen a while. For the most part, cars from the big three generally don't interest me unless they're appealing in some way or another. On the flipside, I have a huge interest in foreign cars, and even deeper than that, obscure cars. This Citroen certainly fits that bill quite well.
Upon the surface, one tends to notice the drab red color, and white (gray?) wheels. To the average person, this combination screams generic old car, but for an enthusiast, this combo is quite appealing. Okay, maybe not in this application, but whatever. I like it. I'm glad this example is free of rust, and its quite free of the oft-tacky period decals that adorn these cars. The wheels are factory correct too (not that 3 lugs are common anyway), so that's a plus. I didn't get to inspect the interior as the owners came out when I was shooting, but if the exterior is any indication, the interior is in fairly good shape. While I would've preferred an earlier car, finding a 2CV of any sort is always welcome in this rustbucket-dense city. This 1986 model is awesome in its own right, I just wish I could find one of the pre-1960 vehicles. Now that would be a treat. If I had fun shooting the "common" 2CVs, imagine how much fun I'd have with a much earlier, prettier car.

1 comment:

Art Tidesco said...

I love these cars owned at least half a dozen of them they never fail to bring a smile to my face. The plates on this one makes it look like it was imported from Holland. Random 2 CV info 2CV's starred in a James Bond film and in an episode of Get Smart, among many other star appearances, how cool is that !