Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Chevy Impala SS











It's not too often that one spots an undonked classic car in my area anymore. With all the "big body whips" being fodder for the donk/high rider craze, even cars such as this '65 Impala SS are slowly disappearing from our streets. To me, a nicely restored (or in this case, still stock) example is that much cooler than a subtle custom. I've seen plenty of custom Impalas, probably enough to last a lifetime. However, I don't see stock ones that often.
This particular Impala was one of a select few that looked great from a distance, but up close it still looked great. The cherry red paint, combined with the dual exhaust and stock hubcaps gave this car a look that says "I'm classy" but also it looks mean, too. I give the owner props for leaving all the stock badging and trim on it. The Impala logos were kept in great shape, as were both bumpers. Heck, I didn't even find any evidence of bendiness on the grille. A rare feat, I imagine.
However, I deduct points for the dumb license plate. Having a plate reading your "nickname" only bodes negatively for the attention this car will likely receive in the near future. It can only mean one thing. Rims, a "sick paint job", and "some bangin' ass sound." Right. Because every classic car needs to be turned into a rolling Soulja Boy concert that can be heard for blocks on end.
If this clean SS were mine, I'd leave it how it is, and put some collector plates on it.

1 comment:

Art Tidesco said...

If you had 'BIG KAT' on a Jaguar you might get away with it 'BIG BUCK' would be more in keeping with an Impala.