Monday, July 11, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Dodge Super Bee












In a city where most of my sightings are various GM products, classic Mopars really perk my attention; here in the rustbelt, they're far and few between, especially in drivable condition. When I saw this Super Bee (which is likely just a Coronet, to be honest), I was ecstatic. I've always liked the Super Bee, and in general, the shape of the Coronet is nothing to be ashamed of. It looks a lot like a bigger Charger-- not particularly a bad thing by any means.
Giving this car a good once-over, I decided to shoot it. Not only because of what it is, but the color is perfect. I love this shade of blue-- hell, I'd probably take a Caliber in this shade of blue to be honest. But damn.. this color is awesome. The Cragar S/S wheels are good looking, timeless wheels that work on almost anything (just like Torq Thrusts, too.), and here is no exception. I tend to like muscle cars on steelies or original wheels, but these S/S' suit the car perfectly; they give it a "lost in 1973" feeling that I like. Alot. I like it when muscle are either preserved, or have at least a period feel to them.
Whether of not this is a Super Bee.. I'm not quite sure; it has the graphics and the emblems, but it doesn't have the flat black hood and the scoops look wrong. But, in any case, it's a nice Mopar, and I'd gladly drive it.

No comments: