Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: MGA 1600












Okay, okay, so I shot another British roadster in front of Quality Coaches-- I know, I know, it's getting routine now, but hey-- why stop if it works, right? I like going down to QC, and I don't; I know what usually hangs out there, so most of the time, I ride there because it's easy; I know the way by heart. Sometimes, though, they have gems I haven't yet seen. Rare occasion, but it happens-- as is the case here. I've seen maybe an MGB and Midget-- Austin Healeys are almost boring to me now; same story goes for many earlier Triumphs. But, I don't see many MGAs. I quite like this one; typical period color, no unnecessary add-ons, no curb rash, or other decay, no evidence of being abused, just a clean British roadster.
I quite like this example, not only for the pale-- not to mention unusual-- color but for the wire wheels too. Cars like this simply don't look right otherwise. The interior protector tonneau is a nice touch, too, especially given Minnesota's iffy summer weather. Since it was under wraps, I can't vouch for the interior's condition, but it's a fair bet to say it looks as good as the exterior. I'm not too up-to-snuff on older MGs, but from what I can see, this one looks nice.
Given a choice between MGs, I would probably pick an A like this one over an MGB roadster any day. I'd like to have one of these-probably outfitted like this one-- and an MGB GT coupe, and being attracted to spoked wheels, I'd likely go for wire wheels on both (if there's any other way LOL). My hat goes off to the owner for keeping such a non-cliche classic vehicle up and running! Kudos to you, and have yourself a lifetime full of fun driving ahead of you! Happy motoring!

No comments: