Friday, July 8, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Lamborghini Murcielago
















Seeing higher end 997s and 996s is the norm here; seeing a Bentley Continental GT isn't quite that special either, and don't get me started on Ferrari F430s and 360 Modenas. What once were sacred spottings, coveted by me, now emit an "Oh, pretty" reaction or maybe some sort of acknowledgment that said car exists. The last few 360s I saw, I said to myself "well, it is a nice color at least." Even Audi R8s are getting that reaction from me now, and I absolutely ADORED them when they were fresh.
Usually, I'd go gaga over something as uncommon as a Murcielago in Minneapolis' hustle and bustle. Not quite so. It's not that I don't like the Murcielago, it's just that.. actually-- let me rephrase that. I don't think I do like the Murcielago much. Maybe I've seen too many (and yes, I have seen oodles of them), or maybe I'm just not as drawn to the styling as I once was. Perhaps the cliches bright color with black wheels is throwing the car off, I don't know. I still took many pictures of it, since it's not really an "everyday" car, so to speak. On the other hand, when I was looking through my pictures, resizing em and what not, I didn't immediately jump with excitement. I don't think I even gave this Lambo a second look after I shot it.
Are my automotive tastes changing? Or is the Murcielago simply a "has been" in the exotic car market? I'm not quite sure, but I find myself liking the Diablo more and more now. Don't get me wrong, this newest V12 Lamborghini is quite a car, but its not quite something that piques my interest anymore. Even its replacement, the Aventador, is kinda "meh" to me. Maybe I'm just getting old and starting to appreciate the classics more and more with each passing day.

1 comment:

Art Tidesco said...

It does look a tad plane Jane and dull, seeing one hacked to bit's in China on a video not so long ago did nothing for the marque's mistique either.