Saturday, July 9, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Jensen Healey










Welp, as luck would have it, this was by the ever-popular Quality Coaches, too; it seems to be the hot-spot for all things foreign (mostly British, to be honest). I was half expecting to go down there and find the usual array of Triumph TR-6s and various MGs, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not too up on British vehicles, so I wasn't sure if I was seeing things correctly. Sure enough, low and behold, I was.
Even though seeing an MG or Triumph in the US is quite a feat, seeing a little Jensen Healey alive and well is a whole different matter; while the majority of these cars were sent to the US and Canada, this is probably the first one I recall seeing. Not surprising given the typical British rust reception issues.
While not quite pristine, this example qualifies as a "very good driver" in my book. The paint is near flawless, with a a tad of orange peel on the hood and trunk and around the edges of the doors. The minilite-style wheels suit this car perfectly, and look absolutely stunning against the green bodywork. The badges are all in great shape, and the lights and other trim pieces are intact, and show minimal signs of wear and tear. The interior looked pretty clean from what I can remember, as this little Healey had its windows up when I shot it.
Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this car, though I would've picked a better parking spot instead of next to a bus stop. Oh well, at least it was in one piece the next time I saw it.

No comments: