Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Mercedes 280C














Classic Mercedes' are semi-common sightings here in Minnesota, but I don't love them any less for it. Combining elegance with sportiness, these older Mercedes coupes look ever-so-slightly better than their sedan counterparts. I usually see them in white, or black or even brown (as I've blogged here before), but this triple green combo was amazing. Looking as if it came out of a vintage Mercedes brochure, this example was stunning. Up until now, I don't think I've ever seen one in a triple-color combo, and amazing it was. It might look a little like an avocado on wheels, but in person this combo is a sight to behold. It's so..1970s it works. Only on a Benz.
The paint was pretty nice, especially for a Minnesota car. I can assume this is a summer driver (I've only seen it in July and August), so the rust and salt haven't gotten to it yet thank goodness. The chrome and trim on this classic coupe were top notch as well, although some wear and tear was evident. The same story goes for the interior as well, which seemed to be in rather nice shape, given the age of this Benz.
I'm glad I took as many photos as I did, although I wish I would've though to be more artsy with some of my pictures. This is the type of car that demands excellent pictures, and I honestly don't think I delivered on that promise. Nevertheless it was a great sighting for me, and I am happy I at least got some pictures of it.

No comments: