Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Diecast of the Day: AutoArt Mitsubishi Pajero GDI 3DR








As you know by now, I collect SUVs, but not only mundane ones either. I tend to go for the more obscure, not highly sought after versions not only to keep the cost down, but to keep my interest in the hobby piqued. I began searching on diecast sites for a 1:18 Mitsubishi Montero Sport originally, but since the cost of that Paudi model was way out of my desired price range, I began to widen my search for other Mitsubishi SUV models. I knew AutoArt made a 1:43 Pajero, but I had no idea they did a 1:18 version as well. I began searching on ebay (along with a friend of mine, Jason, who runs California Streets), and I found a couple on ebay worth watching.
To my surprise, he snagged me one. On the day it arrived, I was ecstatic. The fit and finish is awesome; the level of detail is damn good, the paint and interior are top notch. Both doors open along with the hatch, and the rear parcel shelf opens, too. How nifty is that? Since the weather was still (relatively) warm in October when it arrived, I figured I should do a shoot of it. Here are the results.
Keep watching this space for more diecasts from my massive (for me at least) collection.

No comments: