Friday, June 12, 2009

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Mercedes 280SE









Vintage Benzes are awesome; I've seen this one a few times in the neighborhood, but these are the only good shots I've been able to get of it. The color and stock hubcaps are FANTASTIC and certainly provide flair and panache. The stance is correct, too, with no sagging present. The chrome is in great shape for its age, as is the deep green paint.
A 280 of this vintage is a staple in European, and American movies, and I cannot help but visualize this thing being driven Bullit style through Minneapolis with a Dodge Monaco chasing it. Yeah, this car is in too great of a condition to ruin, but the image of a vintage Benz wasting a big cop car is downright awesome. I can just imagine it parking in the lot of Lunds and then screeching off onto Lake Street as the robbers escape the crime scene.
Or I can imagine it setting in my driveway next to a 450SE and a 500E. Now, I need to win the Lottery. Or something.

No comments: