Friday, June 5, 2009

Diecast of the Day: Mondo Motors Maserati Gran Turismo







The Maserati Gran Turismo is one of my favorite modern cars, so I knew I wanted to have it in 1:18 form, and for that I turned to Mondo Motors. While not having the quality of, say, an AutoArt, this is a good model. The fit and finish is great for the price point, thought details are a tad scarce. The interior is nice, too with gauges and seat texture. The engine, however, is a bit bland and seems as if Mondo did the engine compartment after the car itself was done.I am fond of the color combination, though, as black w/ red interior is never a bad combo. I don't know of anyone else currently producing a Gran Turismo in 1:18, so for now, this is it. At $30 or thereabouts, it's not a bad buy; I do wish for an AutoArt or Minichamps version. Perhaps even Sunstar? Granted those would cost more, but for the better detail those versions would have, I'd say it's worth it.

No comments: