Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Diecast of the Day: Road Signature Oldsmobile Toronado












Dunno if this is going to work or not, since my comp is broken, but here goes. This is Road Signature's 1:18 Oldsmobile Toronado. I've been wanting one of these for awhile now, and I finally have it. Verdict? The paint, fit and finish is very good. The paint is glossy but it does show some orange peel, and the chrome trim is very fragile. The doors and hood do open, but again they were VERY fragile; I'm almost afraid to open them. The main neat feature that prompted me to buy this car is the poseable headlights. They do open and close; how cool is that? Especially at this price point.
The interior is nicely detailed, too with each piece of trim replicated to scale. The steering wheel and wood look accurate, as do the seat contours, and details. Since I am afraid to open the doors (they are extremely delicate), I can view the interior from outside, which is a bit of a letdown since the interior looks amazing.
My only complaint, aside from the fragileness part is the fact that the chrome looks fake almost; Road Signature tried too hard to make the chrome appear real. Overall, this Oldsmobile Toronado is a good model to have in a collection, and it's one of the few non-Cutlass oriented models around. If you are an Oldsmobile fan, or love obscure/forgotten American cars, buy this piece; it has astounding shelf presence.

No comments: