Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lawrence Street Sighting: Cadillac Superior Coaches hearse

On the other end of the GM scale, there's this; Cadillac is one of my favorite brands (sorry Lincoln!)and I enjoy spotting and shooting almost anything the brand makes. However, there are some exceptions, but those exceptions are fairly recent. I have long liked big Cadillacs of this vintage, and rather recently, I started getting into hearses and other funeral/flower cars. I don't know all the brands, and I still have to look at the badges to see who makes what funeral car, but I do like that for the most parts, these do look like the Cadillacs they're based on.

I would date this one as a mid-1980s model, possibly a 1986 or so; at first I thought it was newer based on that hubcaps, but the headlight details tell me otherwise. Regardless, this hearse has been kept in great shape, especially for its age. I wouldn't be surprised if it has less than a hundred thousand miles on it.

Usually, I try to be cautious when shooting hearses, as in Minnesota, they're mostly found either in the hood, or I see them whilst driving; in Lawrence, its a whole 'nother story. I wish I shot this one even more in depth though, but I did get some decent pictures of it.

I love these things, and I love this one; its one of the newer hearses I've seen too, and its one of the coolest. Sure, it's a plain color, but its different than all the black ones I see. I wonder what this one's current life is, as I see its still in great shape. Both the Cadillac crest and the Superior Coaches plaque are still in wonderful shape, and neither has lost their luster; again, the hubcaps are in immaculate shape as well, and unlike many Cadillacs of this vintage, the metal hubcaps adorn this one versus standard wire wheels; I wonder if the hubcaps were a "business" option?

I haven't seen this one before, and I hope to see it again soon; I just hope that next time I see it, its still in awesome shape.

No comments: