Sunday, June 27, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Rolls Royce Corniche






Okay, so this is kind of cheating, since it was in a parking lot, but it's interesting none-the-less. I usually don't see many uber-exotic cars, so finding this older Rolls was somewhat of a surprise. I first spotted in on Lake St, traveling past Lunds, so I decide to follow it on my bike. I lost sight of it, so I figured it was a goner. Not so. I rode by a restaurant not less than twenty minutes later, and lo and behold, there it was.
As I began shooting, I realized how nice of a car/design this really was. No odd creases or bulges, no unnecessary chrome bits, and best of all, no Phantom. The paint was damn clean for what it was. No fake shine, no rust or bondo, no orange peel, just clean, stock paint. The stock wheels looked pretty good, too, with no evidence of being refurbished or overly polished. Again, these were straight, clean, stock parts.
While I'm usually not a fan of Rolls Royces old or new, this example was definitely one of the better looking ones I've seen. I don't know if I'd want one in my collection, but it certainly is a beautiful car in its own right.

No comments: