Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lawrence Street Sighting: Cadillac Coupe de Ville









Nestled in North-Eastern Kansas, Lawrence is home to University of Kansas, or KU for short. Besides the school, its long-time residents are usually of the older generation, and it shows. Tucked among the hundreds of Silverados, Tahoes, Explorers, Super Duties, Dakotas and Rams that dot the Lawrence landscape, older cars in extremely nice condition are not all that uncommon.
On any given day, I see maybe 10 to 20 pre 1980 cars a day. Sometimes I shoot, sometimes I don't. This Cadillac Coupe de Ville caught my attention, though, Partially because it was the only car on the street, but partially because of the color. I am extremely partial to shades of teal/blue, and I love old Cadillacs, even if I can't identify them year-to-year.
This example was awesome! The paint was extremely well-kept (or restored?), and in beautiful shape. No scratches, rust, or bubbles anywhere. Likewise, the chrome was in superb shape, too. All the badges and trim seemed not only intact, but in amazing shape for a 40+ year old car. The interior wasn't too bad either. The chrome inside looked clean, and the dash appeared in good shape, too. The only I found wrong with this example was the dust and dirt, picked up from daily use(and it's not even wrong, just a fact of life). I know Lawrence houses more than the occasional classic, cause I see them everyday. I just need to find them. Here's hoping I can before they end up sitting in Kansas pastures along K-10 or 59.

No comments: