Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oldsmobile Delta 88 convertible

I've always loved big, American convertibles, as opposed to their hardtop counterparts. Okay, not all convertibles, but some cars just look right as convertibles. Take for example, the big GMs of the 1970s. For cars like the Caprice and Delta 88, I think the two doors coupes look downright awful. Rip the roof off, however, and they become good looking. As an enthusiast of slightly more obscure cars versus common nameplates, I tend to favor Oldsmobiles and Buicks over Chevys and Pontiacs. Not that I don't like those brands, but Oldsmobiles and Buicks are often overlooked by non car enthusiasts.
Like it's stablemate, the Cutlass, I adore the big Oldsmobiles in pretty much every paint and interior combination, but some combos are just that much more awesome than others. So awesome in fact, that I'm going to post not one but THREE! One tonight, one tomorrow, and one the next day :) Can you handle the Deltas?

No comments: