Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Oldsmobile Delta 88 Convertible






As state in two previous posts, I absolutely love these cars. I don't know what it is about these, either. They're not fast, they're not really a "halo" car by any means, but somehow these bigger GM convertibles (particularly these Oldsmobile 88s) look... right. Everything, from the headlights, to the bodylines, to the taillights is perfect. I've gotta say, this car is definitely one of GM's better efforts.
Unfortunately, I shot this stunning example before I was OCD about car pictures, making everything perfect, and getting 10-15 good pictures per car, so the pictures are minimal. This one did, however, have one thing going for it that the last one I saw didn't; a beautiful, shiny paint job that looked too new to be factory. But it was gorgeous though. That shade of not-quite-maroon-and-not-really-red is just.. cherry (literally). The all white interior was pretty damn hot, too. I didn't see a single spec of dirt or grime throughout the whole interior. Last but not least, the car was riding on later-model Oldsmobile wire-look hubcaps. Honestly, they look better on here that the cars they came on from the factory. However, one thing is missing from the car. It needs me in the drivers' seat, and a wide, open, four-lane road. Summer road trip, anyone?

No comments: