Saturday, February 27, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Chrysler New Yorker Brougham











Very rarely do I come across in absolute pristine condition, so this New Yorker was quite the shock to my eyes-- in a good way. I can't recall ever seeing a big Chrysler up here, let alone one this clean. It's almost like I took a trip back to 1975. But, there were modern cars. How does that work?
The paint and body were in immaculate shape. It was wonderful, really. I honestly don't think I've ever said "holy shit" more than when I saw this thing in person. It was big, long, wide, and best of all, clean and free of big car gangsteritus. Well, okay, I tend to think big 1970s cars are gangster--in the "I'm gonna commit some Mafia crimes and throw your ass in the trunk" kind of way. Back to the paint and body for a minute here. The trim was intact; the Brougham bagdes, the Chrysler script, the hubcaps, you name it, it was here. I honestly didn't get a close look at the interior because I spent so much sitting there in shock and awe and amazement. However, as I recall, the interior was in the same as-new condition as the exterior of the car. I can honestly say this might be a "time capsule" car rather than a restoration. Maybe I'll be lucky and see it at a car show this summer. I haven't seen it since late summer 2009, and I'd love to see it again.

No comments: