Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Oldsmobile Delta 88 Convertible









As I said in a previous post, I really have a thing for certain Oldsmobiles; I love big '70s American convertibles, too. I also think cars with white interiors are sexy. Okay, not all cars with white interiors are sexy, but most are. Case in point for non-sexy: the new VW Beetle. The thought alone makes me cringe.
Now, back on topic. The paint on this big Olds was shiny, though not new-car luster. The trim, too, was presented well but showed some aging. Not at all surprising, considering the paint on this car, if original, is 35 years old. The interior showed the same condition, though it didn't really show much obvious wear and tear; the owner of this big vert takes really good care of it, both inside and out. I don't think I've ever seen this particular car with an ounce of dirt anywhere on it.
If I was going to have an Oldsmobile vert, this would be it. Mine would be done up in the same color combination as this one, or maybe even a dark blue with white interior. I don't think I'd do any mods to it, even a sound system. Okay, so maybe that's stretching it, but still. These cars are perfect when left stock.

No comments: