Monday, April 12, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Ferrari F355 Spider

Now, most of my sightings are older, classic vehicles. Very rarely do I feature a modern vehicle, with for good reason. Most are pretty damn ugly in comparison with their classic counterparts. The same hold true for Ferrari, I'm sad to say. Last built in 1998, the F355 represents in my opinion, one of the more beautiful "non supercar" Ferraris. Powered by a 3.55 liter V8, the sound these things make is like nothing else. I swear it's enough to make even the most non-car person turn their heads in shock and awe.
This example is well-presented (as a Ferrari should be) with no obvious damage except for a small curbing on the front bumper, no doubt from entering/exiting parking areas. The wheels are standard Ferrari fare, so no surprises here, though I would like to see it on HREs or Fiske wheels.
Again, the interior isn't that different than the standard Ferrari fare. Red with a tan interior seemed to be the most cliched color combination. Oh well, whatever works I guess. But-- what is that? a real polished shifter? Can it be?!? YES! It is! Even in Yuppieland Minnesota, someone drives a proper Ferrari! Kudos to him! I cannot tell you how many exotics I see that turn out to be paddle shifted or e-Gear or F1 or what have you. If you have an exotic, do the right thing. Get a stickshift. Please. Driving gods will thank you for it.









No comments: