Saturday, April 17, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Chevy Impala four door










When I was at Augsburg, I used to see so many classics and unusual cars, it was hard for me to photograph them all. Maybe it was because I was running to class, or maybe it was because I was unsure of whether I should photograph said car. Whatever the case was, I was happy to have shot this. I used to see this Impala quite a bit during my couple years as a student.
As college-student-owned classics go, this one is pretty good condition, both for its age, and the duties it partakes in on any given day. College students drive their cars hard, and this Chevy is no exception. While the paint and body look good from a distance, they alone cannot tell the story of this specimen. Peeling out, tires scraping the curb, and hard braking are all in a day's work for this poor old girl.
What I liked most about this particular Impala, is not the fact that it lived close to me; it's the fact that while the person drives it like a bat out of hell, she keeps it looking stock, and has no intention of modifying it in any way.
The paint and body are in decent shape for this daily driver. Not only is the paint all one color, but the trim is intact, and present, right down to the dealer badges on the trunk. Even the oft-missing Chevrolet script on the trunk, and grille, is still present. How's that for surviving the harsh winters? Even the interior isn't in too bad of shape, although all I got was a lousy ass driver's side shot to prove my point.
I would like to see this classic Impala restored before the Minnesota winters claim it, but alas that will never be. It's now got all four hubcaps missing, and has a brown fender. On the bright side, it has no chance of being tortured a person who think it would look good on "dem twenni-sixez". At least.

No comments: