Monday, April 12, 2010

Diecast of the Day: ERTL Buick GS400










Long before Lexus introduced its car bearing the namesake (which in its own right is a nice car), the GS belonged to Buick. Packing a range of 400 and 455 cubes, the series was one in a series of Buick's own muscle car lineup. Since I am new to the world of relatively obscure (not common/cliche)muscle cars, I had to pick this up!
Finished in typical ERTL-quality paint, the finish is very good for its price point. The metallic does shine in the sun, and the color is extremely vivid when the light presents itself. The GS400 logos are painted on, and done so very well. Same goes for the engine paint. What I like most about the paint and body, though, is the vynil top. True sleeper this is (despite the GS400 logos that is :P)
The interior is pretty amazing, too. Better than what I initially expected from ERTL to be honest. The steering wheel and dash are nicely replicated, and look true to the original car. Again, it's the surprises that win me over in here. I love the seats! Fold down and poseable! How cool is that? Too bad they're a b!tch and a half to adjust and put back into position.

No comments: