Thursday, December 10, 2009

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Mercedes Vito




Usually, I try to get a full photoshoot of a vehicle before I blog it. In this case, I picked the three best photos I had. Now, most people don't get excited about vans, much less big vans. But, as I briskly trotted along Lake St., something caught my eye. I turned around to see-- a Sprinter? No.. a Mercedes Sprinter? Wait.. No. It looks a bit wrong for a Sprinter of any sort. I had to get a closer look. I waited for an opening in the seemingly never-ending spree in traffic to make my way over to this behemoth.

I chatted with the owner for awhile about his van, and about how he got it over here. Apparently it was converted to a full fledged passenger van to replace a Mercedes Sprinter. It started life as a cargo van, and was imported as such. The previous owner spent many hard hours and copious dollars to import all the proper parts from Germany to convert this Vito to a full fledged passenger van. This isn't his first Eurospec vehicle, as he's had a previous E200 CDi, too, and currently owns a Eurospec Audi TT as well. He said he enjoys the reaction from different people, and he takes pride in having what he calls a "car guy's van". Certainly having something as interesting as this Vito brings out the car guys (and gals) versus the attention whores.

No comments: