Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Diecast of the Day: AutoArt Saturn Vue






As you already know, I collect models of "mundane" vehicles I like, as well as exotics. This Satun Vue is no exception. While I don't really care for the second generation version, the first one is a cleanly designed mini SUV/crossover with no design flaws, and no wierd angles. I figured it'd be sweet to have a 1:18 scale version to match my Saturn L200 (yes, I have one of those, too). It arrived in great shape, but since winter has come upon Minnesota, I couldn't take it outside to shoot out. My bedroom sufficed though, I think.
The details on this AutoArt version are pretty sweet. My favorite feature is the ridges in the roof for bike racks that I honestly hadn't even noticed before I got this model. Another one of my favorite features is the fact that the matter trim looks incredibly realistic. Too bad I don't see many real ones in the color.
If you're a Saturn fan, or just like SUVs, I'd recommend this model because not only is a budget priced AutoArt, it's likely a model everyone and their mother doesn't have.

No comments: