Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Buick Invicta










Around Uptown in the winter, most of the cars I encounter on a day-to-day basis, so I was quite shocked when I saw this Buick. I kept seeing it only it night, so I never thought I'd be able to blog it, and I kinda lost hope. Well, as luck would have it, I peeked around the Irving/Lagoon intersection, and as my eyes scanned the street, I spotted something familiar. I had to go up and inspect, and I was greeted with this; a suspiciously clean (for Minnesota) Buick Invicta. The paint was in nice shape, thought it looked worn. The interior was in the same shape, as well. However, this specimen did have all its badges and trim intact, and in great shape for their age. The Buick badge on the grille seemed to be pretty nice, and the side badges seemed to be well-preserved, too. Even the hubcaps were not only all there, but all in great well-preserved condition.
Kudos to the owner of this Invicta for keeping it in decent condition. Like with many older cars in the rustbelt, I hope winter doesn't eat this one alive. I would hate to see this at U-Pull-It come spring 2010.

No comments: