Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Ford LTD







First off, I love big Fords, and this is no exception. While the later model LTDs are a relatively common sight, the older ones are not so much anymore. I was even more amazed at the condition of this example; no holes, no dents, no surface rust. It even had the hubcaps still on it, which was pretty sweet. Most cars of this vintage I see either have long lost their hubcaps or have crappy chrome wheels more fit to a candy painted Tahoe on them. Pretty nice, I have to say. What engine this one has is unknown, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an engine with more than 400 cubes under the hood. 460 perhaps? Though not a huge powerhouse stock, these things were good enough for cops and robbers alike in their day. Unfortunately, LTDs are favorites of demo-derbiers and donk riders as well, and they, too tend to hunt for rust free editions. Sad, really, because cars of this vintage are getting harder and harder to find as time passes. I'd love to find one someday and use it as a daily driver. I'm not even that picky about the color. I just want one. Stat!

No comments: