Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Ford F-250











Headed down what seemed a deserted alleyway in a bad part of Minneapolis, I noticed an older pickup. As I got closer, I realized it wasn't any old pickup, it was a vintage Ford. I've seen unibodies, F-1s, F-100s, Rangers, and some old Broncos here and there, but I've honestly never seen one of this vintage I don't think. This example was really sweet. It had a workhorse patina that came off exceedingly well; it's not trying to be something it isn't. It's a simple work truck that does its duty well. Even better, all four hubcaps are different, but they are all shiny; that sorta drags the attitude of the truck down a notch. Other than that, though, this was a clean, if not well used vintage Ford. The only gripe I have is that's too shiny. It needs to be either dirty beyond belief, or it needs to be restored. If this was 1983, I could understand, but in 2009, either fix it or leave it in its patina state. Don't do both.

No comments: