Saturday, September 6, 2008

Minneapolis Street Sightings: VW Karmann Ghia












The VW Karmann Ghia is a nice car, but among car enthusiasts in general it is often overlooked. Well, I like them. I usually don’t spring for later models, but this one was so clean I couldn’t pass it up. Not one single rust hole or piece of dirt graced this little Ghia. The orange paint looks very 1970s, as do the “oh-so-Beetle” wheels this example has on it. But, that’s not stopping me from liking it. The color and wheel combination makes for an interesting car. I’m actually sort of glad this example didn’t have the standard VW wheels I hate so much. The interior looked pretty clean to me, as well, but I’m not up to speed on VWs interiors as much as I’d like to be. Nevertheless, this example is one heck of a good spotting down on the Minneapolis street, where cars rust almost as fast as they get accident damage.

No comments: