Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Chevy Impala





Hmm.. it seems older GMs have been popping up out of the woodwork here lately, or maybe I'm just noticing them more and more now that I've cleared ricers and ballers from my main automotive focus. Or maybe it's because I care more now. Anyways this Chevy Impala sedan is pretty clean for it's age. It may not be an SS, and it likely isn't very fast, but who cares? It's big, it's roomy, and it's gas mileage is equivalent with that of a new Navigator, but that's not the point. The point is, having an older car is different. It will get you noticed. It's not a cookie cutter SUV, nor is it some expensive luxury car that you'd be scared to have valet parked for fear of possible damage. If you're a true car nut like me, you can appreciate this example of Chevy history for what it is. A typical classic Impala that doesn't look like the millions of other SS/SS clone's running around on Cragrars of Keystones, and the paint is its original color, and not the cliche red, black, or blue. Simply put, this is my kind of Impala.

No comments: