Thursday, September 4, 2008

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Oldsmobile Delta 88








Hmm.. this is an odd one. No, not odd in the sense that I didn't know they made a two door Delta, but odd because for making so many, I can safely say that this is the first one I've seen. And what a nice (for Minnesota, anyway) one it is. There are quite a few things about this particular Olds that piqued my interest. First off, the originality of the paint/trim had me curious, not only because the body itself looked to be solid, there is no evidence of a crappy respray either. Second of all, all the correct hubcaps, and badges are present as well, making this look like a car you'd expect to find in the cities in 1988, not 2008. I'm also surprised at the age of the driver of this thing. It had a CD case in the passenger seat, which would lead me to believe the owner is in the 21 and under age category, and if so I applaud him or her. Usually, car owners in that category are either one of two things here: gritboys who sware by anything American, or ricers who wouldn't dare touch anything made by the Big Three, much less with a V8. The final thing is its parking place. Why park something like this next to a trash bin. Granted, I wouldn't feel comfortable parking a car of this vintage and this condition out on the street, but still. Couldn't the owner at least have put it in a garage or something?

No comments: