Monday, November 16, 2009

Diecast Of The Day: Ricko 1:18 Alfa Romeo 156 GTA








A few months ago, I went into my local hobby shop (Hub Hobby for all you Minnesota folks, if I'm not the only one, that is.) in search of a few cars. The Ricko Alfas have been on my list for awhile, partially since I love interesting looking sedans, and I figured the Italians are the only ones who make whole lines of cars beautifully (sans Fiat *cough*). I've been an Alfa fan for quite some time, so I figured an addition to my 8C was necessary. As I was shuffling my way through the high priced AutoArts, this little guy garnered my attention. Priced at $29.99, I figured it was a decent deal, so home with me it came.
Once I got the car off its base, inspection began. Overall, I was (and am) pleased. The paint finish is pretty good, with minimal flaws, the wheels appear to be correct size in ratio with the body, and the headlights and taillights are correctly cast/replicated. A neat feature, aside from all opening features, is that Ricko went the extra mile in putting all the right trim on the car, and they even painted the engine correctly.
Overall, a pretty nice replica of an oft overlooked Italian Stallion. (Yes, I know it's a sedan, but it's a performance-oriented one.)