Monday, November 23, 2009

Diecast Of The Day: Maisto Citroen 2CV (Deux Chevaux)









As you know by now, I love quirkycool cars, both in real life, and in scale form as well. So, this Citroen 2CV was a must. I first had one of these when I was MUCH younger; it was a brown/gray one, which due to being a destructive kid, I tore up. Being much older, and a bit more mature (I think so, anyway), I began the hunt for one again. Low and behold, I found one at my local hobby stop. So, without hesitation, I snapped it up. I knew I wanted it to have a space in my collection again.
As I arrived home, my anticipation of holding my new toy grew even bigger when I got inside. I almost felt 10 again. Almost. Except this time, I wasn't intent on playing with it, so it remains in as-new shape.
The exterior is pretty well detailed for a budget model, with no obvious scaling flaws. The paint is applied well, and the transition from metal to plastic is done smoothly. The interior is casted pretty well too. I've seen some pictures where the top piece is off, but I don't want to risk breaking it trying to mimick the "top off" shots. Granted, it would be cool to show off the interior of this little guy but I don't want to break it trying to do so.
If you can't afford the Norevs (honestly I can't), my advice would be to snap up the Maisto while it's still affordable. Like the rest of the older Maistos, these lil Citroens are getting harder to find, and someday I hope to add another to my collection.