Sunday, August 24, 2008

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Imperial Crown







While riding in the car at night, I saw what I thought was an Imperial. The next chance I got, I rode my bike over to where I remembered it to be, and sure enough, it was a good candidate for a shooting. While rare as all hell, these cars do seem to be popping out quite a bit, as I've seen a few in the northwest. This is the first one I've seen in the Midwest and man is it a find. I really like the color, and the overall condition is incredible, and not often seen on a classic in this state.
Unlike GM's Cadillac division and Fords's Lincoln division, Chrysler marketed the Imperial as a different line-up to appeal to more badge-conscious customers. This particular one is a 1961-1963 example, and boy is it ever a clean one. It's for sale, too, and at $7500, I hope someone who will treasure it buys it rather than some kid who thinks it'd look nice on giant chrome wheels and a monster sound systems.

No comments: