Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Chevy Impala SS convertible











What a beautiful car! I did a double take, not only for the car itself, but the color combination is downright awesome. How often does one come upon Impala SS convertibles, much less stock appearing ones. The original hubcaps were there in place of the oh-so-good-looking-but-common Cragar mags, the interior was in decent shape with no rips or stains that I could see. What impressed me most about the car, though was the fact that all the badges were still in their proper places, and seem to not have been tampered with.
This particular car likely has the 250 hp 327, since from 1962 on the SS was a luxury-oriented package rather than a performance package like on the Chevy Chevelle, but that doesn't stop it from being a nice cruiser. Rather than beef it up like most guys would, I'd opt to keep it stock. Not only would I have a nice cruiser for the summer days, I'd have a car that doesn't look like every other Impala rolling around on the face of the Earth.

No comments: