Monday, October 13, 2008

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Mercedes 300TD wagon









Aaah what can I say? Another hearty old Benz 300TD variant rumbling around in the Minnesota fall. Nope, they won't die. You can drive em through the worst of all conditions for hundreds of thousands of miles, and they won't give up.
I was actually pretty impressed with this particular car, more so than previous Mercedes finds for a few reasons. Not only do I adore this bodystyle of Benz in the first place, but seeing a wagon in great shape rather than the oh-so-common sedan makes this find much more special to me. First off, the cream/tan color combination is spectacular, especially on this car. Second off, the condition is simply amazing. Not one single dent or rust spot, although that could be attributed to the Washington plates rather than the Minnesota dealies that seem to grace the cars featured here. Also, the paint is in great shape, too. So often when I spot older metal roaming the streets here, the paint is faded to all hell, and all the trim is missing. Not in this case. It appears as if this car hasn't aged at all. I don't know whether that's a good thing though, because these Benzes were so common back in the day it's almost sad to see one untouched. At the same time, I'm quite happy the car has been preserved for future generations to oogle over.

No comments: