Thursday, May 16, 2013

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Triumph TR250

I have a thing for British cars, and more often then not, the British beings I spot in Minneapolis are of the Triumph breed--and there's nothing wrong with that. I love them all; most of the ones I see are either TR-6s, or (sadly) the later TR7s, which I abhor. Earlier cars from the brand tickle my fancy, and to me, the TR250 is about one of the best examples of what the Triumph brand stands for.

Lightweight, and a good handler, yes, but fast..erm, no.According to wikipedia, these hit null to sixty in ten-and-a half-seconds, and took nearly forty seconds to hit the magic triple-digits. But, speed is not the point of British roadsters such as this. 

Oddly enough, for not being sold in the US when new apparently, most have made their way over here, and I wouldn't be surprised if most of the 600 left are in the US. I have seen about five or six, so I'd consider myself  very lucky.

I really like this example; the deep navy bodywork looks excellent, and is a standout considering most of the examples I see are either green or white. The tan top is wonderful as well, and definitely goes well with the exterior.  I also am a staunch fan of the luggage carrier, as it looks at home here; normally I decry the addition of such exterior "modifications", but in this case, the rack looks to be a period accessory, thus I don't mind it.

I dig the wire wheels on this one, too, and how could I not? While these cars did come with steelies (painted or otherwise), I feel that proper wire wheels are the way to go here. Wires just look right.

I love finding little British roadsters, and I love shooting them so; I know these pictures are fairly old, but I do think this is one of the better subjects I've shot; I am no expert at Triumph, and each one is a learning experience for me.

No comments: