Wednesday, February 2, 2011

San Francisco Street Sighting: Citroen 2CV4












Now, this is a pretty akward posting; I've seen a multitude of the little Citroens out my way, but this example was the first, and last 2CV I saw out west. Honestly, given the West coasts' love for cars, I am quite surprised I didn't see more. Oh well.
This example was pretty nice, but faded. It's all original (I would venture, at least) from the barn-red paintjob, to the white 3 nut wheels. This little guy looks like a car one would expect to find in rural France, not stateside; but that's what makes it so damn cool! I love the "patina" if you will. Not show quality, and far from a beater, this car is a perfect driver, though with all of "Duex Cheavaux" I have a hard time imagining how it copes with all the hills-- I'd bet slowly for sure. On the plus, the suspension is designed to help farmers haul eggs across rutty fields so I'd think the ride up the hills wouldn't be all that bad-- and that's quite a feat given the amount of luxury cars that even ride rough in the Bay Area.

1 comment:

Art Tidesco said...

The way to get up hills in these is to start with plenty of revs at the bottom :-) Top cars I have had a few of these even raced one in Eire for 24 hours once :-)