Thursday, December 9, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Cadillac Sedan deVille










First off, this is one of few classic Cadillacs that does not belong to Jesse. Like him, the owner of this classic Caddy has kept his example is great shape for so long. Since the majority of classic Caddys I see are in relatively stock condition, this particular car only was worth a shoot because I like it; in fact, I have a few Matchboxes of this gen, including one in this exact color combo. Contrary to many, I don't care for the preceding generation of deVilles. I love this generation, however. This and the 1961-1964 Lincoln Continental are probably my two favorite domestic luxury sedans of all-time. Like the Conti, these, too, look good on semi-bling wheels. Nothing too outrageous, obviously.
This particular example is outstanding considering its gone nearly 45 years without being rusted away or blinged. The gold paint is FLAWLESS; the trim is nearly there, the factory hubcaps are intact, and even the interior is MINT. Sadly, being for sale in Minnesota, this example is likely going to either get blinged to shit, or turned into a beater. I fear for this car. It's too nice to get ruined by mother nature or otherwise.

No comments: